photo booth

Reaction score
trying to use photo booth but having no luck when I open photo booth from the application page it opens with a blank page and all instructions ie take a photo in the file are blanked out any ideas why it will not operate as it should.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
When you open the Photo Booth app it should activate the camera on your Mac (assuming you have a Mac with a camera) and show you a picture of yourself. Is it not doing that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
trying to use photo booth but having no luck when I open photo booth from the application page it opens with a blank page

Any chance you have a third-party utility disabling the camera on your mac??? Or a piece of tape over it for some sort of security reason???

- Patrick
=======

OP
R
Reaction score
it is not showing a photo when I open photo booth although the camera lights up

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
how would I know if a 3rd party utility is disabling my camera

Do this to test: Boot your Mac in Safe Mode (hold down the shift key as soon as you hear the chime and keep holding it until you see the Apple). Safe Mode disables all third party drivers and apps. If the camera was being blocked by a third party utility, it should work in Safe Mode.

Let us know.

OP
R
Reaction score
just to update I just tried facetime and the camera works with facetime?but still doesn't work in ophotbooth

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's strange. If the camera is working with the FaceTime.app, it should be working with Photo Booth. The camera is apparently okay.

The problem may be that the camera in your Photo Booth app does not have permission. What version of macOS are you using and the version of Photo Booth? My Photo Booth version is 11.0 (Big Sur 11.2.3).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
OP
R
Reaction score
Hi everyone I got in touch with apple over this problem, They guided me through making a partition on my HD and installing Big Sur nothing else, and try photo booth which actually worked, so went back to my original installation and downloaded Big Sur again and photo booth is now working. Don't know why but I'm happy it is working. Thanks for all your input.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
And thank you for posting back with solution.

Ian

Y

yomav

I have used it, then it made a photos with no sound. No an unpleasant sound has appeared (by itself) when it counts to three. How to get rid of that? On the menu (upper right corner where are apple is) there's no preferences or settings and so also with a right click.. What to do..?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Welcome to the forums. Hopefully, someone can provide an answer soon.

This thread is over two years old and seems to focus on a different problem with PhotoBooth. You might have a better chance of getting relevant responses if you7 start a new thread.

Please include a description of which Mac you are using and which version of the OS. The easiest way to find this information is to go to the Apple menu in the upper left corner of the screen and choose About This Mac.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
@yomav

I agree with moderator Slydude - a new post would be better alongside detailed information about your Mac, macOS etc.

In the meantime, one or possibly both of the Links below may guide you:

Ian

Y

yomav

Welcome to the forums. Hopefully, someone can provide an answer soon.

This thread is over two years old and seems to focus on a different problem with PhotoBooth. You might have a better chance of getting relevant responses if you7 start a new thread.

Please include a description of which Mac you are using and which version of the OS. The easiest way to find this information is to go to the Apple menu in the upper left corner of the screen and choose About This Mac.
thank you so much

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.