PDF's

Reaction score
I have a MacBook Pro 15" Retina running OS-X 10.9.5. I received a pdf form which I have to fill out and return. There isn't enough time to print it and mail, so I'd like to use a program which will allow me to fill out the form electronically. I know Windows programs which do this, but I need something for Mac. Any recommendations? Thanks,
--

Larry

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not a "Switcher" subject. Moved here to "Apps and Games".

I have a MacBook Pro 15" Retina running OS-X 10.9.5. I received a pdf form which I have to fill out and return. There isn't enough time to print it and mail, so I'd like to use a program which will allow me to fill out the form electronically. I know Windows programs which do this, but I need something for Mac. Any recommendations? Thanks,
--

You can use "Preview" which you already have on your Mac. If you need something more sophisticated to annotate PDFs there are numerous apps that can do the job but usually not free. Try your Preview.app first.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP17 8GB/1.9TB 2xSSDs Sierra • MBA11 4/128GB • TC 2TB • TV3 • iPh6 128GB • iPadPro12
As chscag said, Preview will be perfect for this, I would also "print" completed form as PDF, so that it is no longer fillable, thus protecting (to a degree) the information you've entered. Just press [command] [P], click on [PDF] button (bottom left) and select Save as PDF, then choose file name and folder to save to.

OP
R
Reaction score
The email has a link to the form. I click on the link. I have the form open. Then what? Thanks,
--

Larry

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Can't you save the form to your documents folder? Most on line PDF forms can be saved where you can then use Preview to annotate it. After you fill it out, send the form to where ever it needs to go via email attachment.

OP
R
Reaction score
Something may be screwed up. It was saved to some online nonsense run by Adobe. I managed to save it on my computer, but when I opened it in Preview, I was only able to fill out some of the places. In others, while it said "text", I couldn't type there. Also, I couldn't do a "/s/Laurence M. Rappaport" at the bottom in two places. I have some old Windows machines around the house - I'll try those. Thanks, anyway.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.