PDF programs, any Free?

krs

Reaction score
I tried another "company" pdf with very plain black text on a white background.
That was editable in several different ways but I ran into two other problems.
If I use the Trashcan to delete text and found too much was deleted, the app selects more of the text that selected, then it seemed impossible to get the deleted text back - Edit > Undo does nothing.
If I elete text by plaing the cursor at the end of the text and use the 'delete' key to delete text one letter at the time then Edit > Undo does work.
The second problem, and I'm pretty sure it's not really a problem, just a user issue, I can't figure out how to save a pdf document after editing.
When I just close the doument, a window pops up saying essentially "Changes may not be saved" and offering two options: "Stay" or "leave"
If I click "stay" nothing happens as I expect
If I click "Leave" the document closes without any edits.
I expected there to be a "Save" option somewhere.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
The second problem, and I'm pretty sure it's not really a problem, just a user issue, I can't figure out how to save a pdf document after editing.

It sounds like it is pretty close to being three strikes and you're out for that application as far as your usage goes.
It sounds like it doesn't follow many of the Apple application procedure standards or very Mac intuitive either as Randy discovered.

And it seems a bit odd that it has absolutely no comments from any users at Macupdate, nor any recommendations to use it which might be a reflection on its capabilities and usage:

- Patrick
=======

Last edited:

krs

Reaction score
It sounds like it is pretty close to being three strikes and you're out for that application as far as your used goes.
Well, to be fair, at least the Edit function states that it is still in 'Beta' so some glitches are to be expected.
I think editing a pdf is a pretty complex procedure, even Adobe Acrobat sometimes has problem and I get the message that an edit can't be done because the required font is not available.
It sounds like it doesn't follow many of the Apple application procedure standards or Mac intuitive either as Randy discovered.
I think that is true, but that also applies to many other Mac appliations as well
And it seems a bit odd that it has absolutely no comments from any users at Macupdate, nor any recommendations to use it which might be a reflection on its capabilities and usage:
The first negative thing that struck me when I first used Sejda was how long it took to open a simple pdf file.
I tried several different ones nd they all took a full 2-3 seconds to open. With Preview and any of the other pdf apps I have, those files open pretty much immediately in a fraction of a seond.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.