PC Water Cooling Chemistry

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz C2D macbook
rman said:
For those that are interested PC Water Coolant Chemistry

interesting reading!
I wonder how system looks in G5. I have not seen this huge radiator and tubes on the picture displayed on apple.
interesting what will happen if system starts to leack :rolleyes:

OP
rman

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I wonder what type of liquid is being used and also wonder what they did about preventing leaks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
An interesting read... cheers :cool:

D

d4rr3n

It looks to me like apple is just using a glorified heat pipe filled with some sort of liquid, still better than just a plain heatsink though. Don't get too excited/worried, it's not anything like the heavy duty water cooling systems you see in some overclockers pc. It wouldn't be a good idea to put something like that in a pre-built system because too many things could go wrong with it and it requires a TON of maintenance. It's good to see manufacturers trying new ways of cooling the cpus they put out instead of the standard OEM crap HSF.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.