PC snide remarks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook (black) 2.0 ghz CTD/2gb RAM. iPod Nano Gen 1 (4 GB)
I always just explain that I got tired of jockeying around with all that security software. And that I couldn't afford to pay the monthly fees for Mcafee anymore.

SLC

Reaction score
I will admit, I swore never to get a mac because of the recent Mac commercials (you know, "Hi, I'm a Mac" and "Hi, I'm a PC"). It was just so infuriating.

Yeah, it was pretty stupid. I had never even really used one. Now I desperately want one haha. I guess I've seen the light, and am just plain tired of XP and all of it's crap it throws in my general direction. The hard drive almost got re-formatted when my parents booted up our PC yesterday. That really scares me. I have to now get a external hard drive (shoulda done it before) and backup all my stuff soon.

Sorry for the rambling. I'm not an official switcher yet, but I guess you could say my perception has switched :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
I love how much help there is in the Mac community when you do have a problem! I like feeling that I can actually do some technical stuff, unlike Windows where there seems to be this weird layman-caught-in-the-headlights thing. With my Thinkpad, when I had trouble, I basically had to hang on until I could get my brother (an IT guy) on the phone to walk me through whatever could be done to fix it, or have him email me some "patch." :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
30gb Black iPod Video || White MacBook 2.0GHz 1GB-RAM & an absolute beauty
I work in a PC-dominated environment, and I brought my MacBook in one day. There was a snide remark about how dumb I am to buy "overpriced hardware" and that I'm a wannabe (WHICH IS ENTIRELY TRUE! And proud to be one!), then I explained about the college package (I'm studying part-time) and how inexpensive the MacBook really is, and he seems slightly deflated. He went on to mention the powerful PC he built himself for less than $1.5k (Singapore Dollars, approx US$950), and someone retorted, "You bring your PC around??". That shut him up haha!

About 5 people started asking me about it afterwards. 2 of them almost bought one each, but I dissuaded them from it because they don't need a new computer. One of them has 3 Windows-laptops at home! That's crazy! But he admitted he has an AppleID since a long long time ago, just never got around to using it for purchases.

Like someone said, bring on the facts! I love my MacBook too much to care.

Reaction score
I don't bother giving those people an audience. I just tell them to shove it and move on

That's the nice version of what I say to them. Lucky this is a PG forum:Evil:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.4 gHz, 2 gb RAM
I've been a PC user for many years, and just switched my entire family over to Macs. (I bought a Dell for my daugter for college; had to send it back; tried a Mac book; and then there was no going back).

I like to tell people that Macs have reduced our furniture budget by quite a bit, as I have found that I don't need to throw chairs, smash vases, and kick and slam the furniture as I did frequently when I had to work with windows. :)

Reaction score
When they give me some bull about Macs, I reply: Yeah I know, but I'm used to it.

Then I go home, sit at my mac, push the boot up button and simply grin.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.