PC gaming on Mac intel

Reaction score
Just bought a mac book pro and i am wondering how the gaming experience is running windows.
1. How do I run windows on my mac?
2. will it support gaming?
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac mini 1.5GHz Intel Solo 60GB 512MB RAM
I have had Windows XP on my Mac mini and you will need;
1: A windows CD
2: A windows CD Key
3: Atleast 5 gigs free I believe
4: Blank CD for mac drivers

when you install bootcamp and run it it will ask questions so just follow the instructions from there. after you partition your HD for Windows XP, I had 12gigs on mine it will ask you to restart then will automatically boot windows xp or vista, which ever you have ready to install. you'll go through the typical windows install, if you have had a windows before, you know basically what it is. then run your Mac drivers disk to get everything ready. I had a problem with mine, it wouldn't recognize my audio card. Not sure how the gaming goes but I'm sure its fine. I played War rock on mine for a bit and nothing went bad at all but thats just one game.
to boot mac os x from windows, restart your mac from windows and hold down the option key upon reboot.

I might be wrong on some info I provided so anyone please correct.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
PC gaming on an Mac

I downloaded the beta from the apple website. Just follow all the directions and make sure you have a copy of XP with Service Pack 2. It installed flawlessly on my Macbook. I had some problems with it working on my iMac but it works fine now.
As for gaming, the only game I tried was NFS: Carbon. With the 128MB graphics card built into my Intel iMac, the setting were turned all the way up or super close and it worked without a glitch. Frames looked and felt smooth. It looked nice.
Hope this helps.

Bryan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I play Counter Strike quite a bit and it has been great. I get about 105 FPS in it; plenty more than the human eye can actually recognize.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.