Parallels or Bootcamp??

Reaction score
I want to have windows xp fully functional on my Macbook. shoyld i go with parrallels or bootcamp. i know that with bootcamp i have to reboot to switch the operative sistem and with parrallels windows runs as an aplication in mac os X but with parallels is it fullyfunctional as bootcamp???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
The difference is that Parallels does not support 3D graphics. Bootcamp does.

If you are going to use and 3D applications or play and 3D games... Bootcamp is your best bet for the time being (Parallels may eventually support #D graphics).

Welcome to Mac-Forums!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Couldn't have said it better myself.

I personally use Parallels on my MacBook and it works great, no issues but then again I don't use any 3D Apps. so it all depends on what u need windows for.

Cheers and Welcome to the Forum

Reaction score
Also this. But short of a report on it showing up somewhere, I'll never have a clue whether it's really worth mentioning.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8
I found paralells has a few issues, but I'm sure with a little more effort I could sort them out. Stuff like USB devices not being recognised etc.

OTOH, the solution for me was to use both. I have parallels for most things, it's slick and useable 99% of the time, then if there's something I really cant get going, I'll reboot into XP proper.

If you have to choose just one, parallels should do it, but I don't see why you'd have to.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.