Parallel windows update

Reaction score
I switched last month. Unfortunately I must run widows in parallels because I use Hebrew web pages and need Hebrew office.
But running parallel I am unable to update the windows programs or setup messenger. I set parallel to bridge the network but still am unable to update. I need help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, iPad 2 64, 2 x iPod Touch, MBA, 2 x iPhone 3g
Are you saying you cannot get Windows on to the Internet?

Personally I set 'Shared Networking' in order for my copy of Windows (XP) to get on the Internet. I'm just a simple soul and don't know what 'Bridging' means in context. I only know that this works.

If the above is NOT what you mean, perhaps you'll need to give more information for a knowledgeable person to help you.

Shalom

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
This may be a silly question; Have you set networking up in Windows?

In Bridge mode I believe you should be able to ping your OS X side of the machine. You can get that address by opening up System Preferences and looking into the Networking section.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
my parallels is setup using shared networking you can do that in a few places, preferences, devices or the little icon at the bottom of the parallels screen I think... better yet cause I can't remember full details I think I followed the instructs in the knowledge base at parallels web page as the instructs in the manual/pdf were a bit confusing and somehow I took it as recommending bridged which I had the same prob as you...

then I think I had to enable networking in windows/parallel side... now all I do is enable it when I need to update kapersky (came with parallels), win updates etc... and disable it when that is done because most downloads can be done on the mac side...

Hope that helps....;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
gahlsela,

If you're in coherence mode (of Parallels), you should be able to go to the Windows Start button and then click on the Windows Update icon. If, as others have said, you selected "Bridge" while in setup, you should be able to do that.

I just tried it and it opened Windows Explorer and went to the Microsoft Update window, it offered to do scan of my machine. Have you tried to do that?

Welcome to the forum, Noel

Noel

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.