Pages Printing Envelopes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27", MacbookPro 17", Sierra on iMac, iPad Pro, cell, iPhone 6
Printing a custom sized envelope in Pages is a torment worthy of a Windows program. How can I set the envelope size, connect with Address Book, etc.?

Last edited by a moderator:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Which version of Pages are you using and which version of OS X are you running?

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pages: 5.5.2 (2120) OX X Yosemite 10
The problem is 1) how to create the size that corresponds to the envelope, 2) how to "tell" the printer what you want it to do (Canon Prixma MX475 in this case), 3) how to import an address from Address Book. There was an Easy Envelope program from Ambrosia, which was quite good, but mine has crashed and Ambrosia can't help (unless I pay for a new program). I'll try Word, which is said to function better, but wanted to make Pages work, since I like the program otherwise.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can certainly tell Pages what size the envelope should be. Normally, the two sizes it has for envelope templates are "letter size" and "business size or number 10". Each printer should have instructions for printing envelopes but keep in mind that your WP program will control how it's printed.

MS Word does offer more choices for envelopes but unless you already own the program, that means you have to spend $100 or more to buy it.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just saw this post! Many thanks for the reassurance. Here in Rome, there are many sizes of small envelopes, so I'll try again with Pages.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Regarding envelopes with Pages... I fussed, because there is quite a variety of envelope sizes, at least here in Italy, which I used to adapt my late lamented envelope for Mac program. Then, I decided to try printing an envelope again (same equipment) and conclude that the two sizes you mention will probably tolerate the differences in envelope sizes. So, your remarks helped me solve the problem. I presume that Pages will enable one to print any size paper the printer itself will tolerate, but I have yet to find out how, but, I repeat, that is a separate matter.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.