Pages...How Do I Print An Envelope From A Letter?

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how I can print an envelope from a letter in Pages, as I used to do using Word?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
This is the way I do it. Envelopes go through my printer in a set way. So, I have a Pages document with the address on the page in the same place that it relates to the envelope. In my case it's in the bottom left hand corner.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm trying to figure out how I can print an envelope from a letter in Pages, as I used to do using Word?

Just use one of the supplied envelope templates that are included with Pages. Pages unlike Word does not have an option to print an envelope direct from the letter address. Copy the address to the clipboard, open Pages again and choose the correct size envelope template and paste your send to address and return address and print.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Not necessarily. All the envelope templates are landscape. My printer takes envelopes in portrait orientation, so I have to put the address in the bottom left of a landscape document so that it prints on the envelope.

OP
D
Reaction score
OK...here's what I did, for those asking this same question...
I opened Pages, opened a New file showing templates, I chose an envelope template and filled in the Sender info with my name and address. I then went to File and hit Save As Template. Now, all I have to do is copy my addressee, open a New file, then choose my saved envelope template from My Templates. All I have to do now is replace the place holder with the copied addressee and I'm good to go.
Guess I was still thinking in Word rather than Mac. Tough to get used to. While I was at it, I also made up a letter template with my info already there. Again, all I have to do is put in the date, addressee and the body of the letter.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Guess I was still thinking in Word rather than Mac. Tough to get used to. While I was at it, I also made up a letter template with my info already there. Again, all I have to do is put in the date, addressee and the body of the letter.

Great idea. Using templates is the way to go. I rarely use my copy of Pages since I have Mac Word 2011.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.