Page reloading on iPad Mini 2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
Please move if incorrect forum.

I have a trusty iPad Mini 2 running on iOS 13.6. Problem is when I'm flicking back to the last page in Safari on a particular newspaper site (https://www.theguardian.com/uk): if I swipe the page back, it reloads with a white screen before loading the previous page which irritates. Using the < key it reloads without the white screen but takes a while. Doesn't happen the same with other websites (Amazon, ebay etc). Not replicated on iPhone7, same OS.

Is it because of the amount of data on the page, age of iPad? Any ideas please?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Sounds like your iPad Mini 2 is showing its age although you seem to not have problems with your iPhone 7. Also, it could be related to the web site itself since it doesn't occur on other sites.

Not sure you can do anything to eliminate it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Have you installed any content blockers on the iPad Mini?

Reaction score
If nothing else is working, you can try, if you haven’t, to do a full reboot of the iPad. (This isn’t a reset and you won’t lose anything.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.