Pad Pro doesn't "remember" downloaded newspapers and won't copy excerpts

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27", MacbookPro 17", Sierra on iMac, iPad Pro, cell, iPhone 6
A friend and I subscribe to the Italian newspaper Corriere della Sera. I have a recent iPad Pro 7,9" he has a Samsung Galaxy I from several years back. His Galaxy achieves what my iPad Pro doesn't seem capable of doing: he can download the newspaper and even turn the machine off. When he restarts the Galaxy, he will find his Corriere. I can download the paper, but if I turn off the iOS device, it is necessary to be in a wifi area to recover the newspaper. iPad "knows" it has been downloaded but won't let me view the pages. If I am away from a wifi sources, I must leave iPad Pro in sleep mode, sometimes for several hours. Is there something I'm not doing properly? Is Galaxy more versatile than iPad Pro?
The second problem is that I have had several letters published in the Corriere, but iPad doesn't allow me to copy them. I can ask a friend who has Corriere authorisation on his Windows computer to copy my page for me and that succeeds, but I'm already sharing a 3-device subscription and can't get the daily on my own desktop. If it were a copyright problem, it would be hard to understand why it can be copied off a pc.
Again: what am I doing wrong?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP i7 mid 2012 macOS 10.12
If you haven't already got it, download iBooks. Then, from Safari, use "Open in…" and choose iBooks.

I'm assuming the paper is a PDF.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
but there is a "Corriere" App

If you haven't already got it, download iBooks. Then, from Safari, use "Open in…" and choose iBooks.

I'm assuming the paper is a PDF.

Many thanks for the quick reply. The paper comes through from a Corriere della Sera App. I'm not quite sure how it would be possible to involve Safari, or to tell the Corriere to move from the Apple newsstand application to iBooks. I certainly do have iBooks, in any case.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ah, didn't think of it being in newsstand. Could be your subscription will allow you to download a PDF version.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Really appreciate your following this. The site to view on the Pad has links with film clips, so to speak (which I can do without) but it is probably not available in pdf. You give me an idea, however, which I shall pursue. Grazie! as we say in Italy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Really appreciate your following this. The site to view on the Pad has links with film clips, so to speak (which I can do without) but it is probably not available in pdf. You give me an idea, however, which I shall pursue. Grazie! as we say in Italy.

Prego.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.