OWC Envoy Pro always "resets" (turns on and off) when I try to put data on the drive. Is there a way to fix this issue?

Reaction score
I have an OWC Envoy Pro for Apple SSDs that worked perfectly until recently everytime I try to put data on the drive (after a few seconds of putting the data on) the drive would "disconnect" and "reconnect."

I have tried formatting the drive in NTFS, APFS, FAT, and Mac OS Extended with at least a 2 pass format. I also ran the built-in mac first-aid. This lengthy process did not cause the drive to reset as putting data onto the drive did.

I also physically removed the drive and reseated it in the enclosure.

I was wondering if the drive is dead, or if I need to do some deeper-level formatting in order to get this thing up and running again?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I was wondering if the drive is dead, or if I need to do some deeper-level formatting in order to get this thing up and running again?

Have you not called OWC support number and ask them.

That's the first step I would take.

- Patrick
=======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.