Overheating on Age of Empires 3, etc

Reaction score
My CPU goes to 156-158 after just a few minutes of AOE3 ... is that hot or wat,, i can scramble some eggs on that CPU

That's about 70C (idles at around 40 - 45C, such as browsing), which is normal temperature (when running graphic intensive 3-D games) for C2D to run on most notebook computers. It's counterpart on the desktop may run cooler given a more robust cooling environment, but running your stated temperature shouldn't pose any stability issues.

I've run C2s at as high as 80C without any issues.

If you're interested in keeping the cpu cooler,you can download a fan utility to keep your fan on maximum rpm.

Best of luck!

Reaction score
see now i don't get this. i thought the pros were more powerful than the macbooks. i have a macbook, pretty much lowest (cheapest) processing stuff they offered, bought it last christmas, and it runs age of mythology, sims 2, and age of empires 3 (on lowered graphics) fine. why are the pros having so much trouble?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
see now i don't get this. i thought the pros were more powerful than the macbooks. i have a macbook, pretty much lowest (cheapest) processing stuff they offered, bought it last christmas, and it runs age of mythology, sims 2, and age of empires 3 (on lowered graphics) fine. why are the pros having so much trouble?

Only have the first poster above reporting trouble. And, we don't have enough further info from him/her to diagnose what the issue may be. Personally, have not had any issues with my MBP on anything, except it being very slow related to encoding compared to my desktop.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.