outlook 2011 attachments

Reaction score
Upgraded from Entourage to Outlook 2011. When an email is delivered with an attachment the attachments are saved to my desktop. I have changed where the attachments are saved from "Outlook Temp" to a file within my Documents Folder. OSX 10.11.6. I did look back at my Entourage settings for saving attachments and it was my desktop.

M

MacInWin

Welcome to the forum.

You didn't ask a question. Did the change you made for where to save work? What have you tried? Have you restarted Outlook with the new settings? Rebooted? Any error messages or messages in general? Bear in mind we can't see your system and we cannot read your mind. You have to help us understand what it is you are trying to do and what is happening when you try things.

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks for replaying Jake. New to the site. My question is, how do I get Outlook to "automatically" stop saving the attachments to my desktop. I am not sure how to restart Outlook with new settings. I have tried changing Outlooks preferences but there doesn't seem to be any that pertain to just attachments.

M

MacInWin

To restart Outlook, click anywhere in Outlook to get the top bar to say "Outlook" on the far left. Now click on the word Outlook on that top bar and at the bottom of the menu, Quit Outlook. That stops Outlook. Now find it in your Applications folder and restart it.

As for settings, there I cannot help you because I'm not using Outlook 2011. I have Outlook from the Office365 subscription and it is version 15.26.1. But in my version, if I right click on the attachment I get a menu that, among other things, offers "Save As..." and in the resulting box I can choose where to save the attachment.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.