OSX/Unix utility to convert Thunderbird .mab addr. book to .csv

Reaction score
Hi folks,

does anyone know of the above pls?

Upgraded TB no realising they have changed addr. book format to sqlite, so stuck with orphan addr. books and all converters I can find seem to be MS based.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Unless it can be exported to vCard format, I don't know of another way to do it. Also, if you intend to use the address book with macOS or iOS converting to CSV may not work.

OP
K
Reaction score
No, no. I absolutely intend to use it in TBird on Catalina. And TB offers the ability to import from CSV.

The problem is finding an OSX/*nix utility which will let me open the .mab files and export. Everything I've found is MS.

TB v78 (latest ver.) doesn't even understand or accept the .mab files.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Sorry, it's been ages since I used Thunderbird Mail or news. I suggest posting to the Mozilla Forums and asking there. If it's possible to convert your old address book, someone there should be able to suggest something that will work.

OP
K
Reaction score
Yeah, cheers. Have a post in there as well. Just coovering bases.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.