OSX 10.5.4 driver for Dell E207WFP Display?

Reaction score
Does anyone know a source for software/driver to get a Dell E207WFP display working properly with a macbook OS 10.5.4?

just got the macbook and was pleasantly suprised to see Macworld do a good review on this monitor, which i had just got to display on my old dell inspiron 600m... now that i'm switching to mac, i can't get it to work thru the DVI cables... the background (wallpaper?) comes up, but nothing else...

any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Just a quick thought - do you have the monitor turned on BEFORE you power on your Macbook? If not, try it, it may make a difference as your Mac system scans for available (connected) monitors.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
That's because the display settings are set to expand your desktop out to the second monitor. If you drag an item all the way to the right, it will appear on the second monitor. You can also set it to do mirroring, wherein the second monitor will show the exact same thing as the internal display. These settings can be found in System Preferences => Displays.

There is no need for a driver.

OP
A
Reaction score
thanks for posting responses, i just fiddled with the preferences for a while

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.