os x Mavericks

Reaction score
I have os X 10.8 and i want to upgrade in Mavericks but i can't find it in app store ! can somebody tell how to do it?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
If you didn't upgrade to Mavericks when it was available, it isn't available to you anymore. Only Yosemite is available to you. If you had previously installed it, it would be available to you under previous Purchases.

OP
I
Reaction score
i have made a format in my laptop because of a problem in yosemite beta so i don't know if i have previous purchases ! is it proper to upgrade in yosemite ? i have this laptop since 2009 , over 5 years know! upgrading in yosemite may cause problems in laptop?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
i have made a format in my laptop because of a problem in yosemite beta so i don't know if i have previous purchases ! is it proper to upgrade in yosemite ? i have this laptop since 2009 , over 5 years know! upgrading in yosemite may cause problems in laptop?

Well, you'll need to provide information on your computer (laptop model; RAM; and storage remaining on your internal HD) - the suggested 'minimum requirements' for a Yosemite installment are listed in this Apple Support Article - although 2 GB RAM is stated as a minimum, most would suggest 4 GB or more, so you may need to upgrade your memory?

Also, make sure that you have a backup(s) of your computer - there are a number of options, such as Time Machine and cloning software (many here use both). Dave :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Go to this link, scroll down to Mavericks and give it a go. Fingers crossed but Apple may want you to use Yosemite. If so, download, burn to a USB thumb drive, and after backing up erase the hard drive and do a clean install from the thumb drive:-

https://www.apple.com/downloads/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.