OS Install Problem

Reaction score
Am trying to install OS 10.4.7 on an IMac that has OS 10 on it. Following the disk directions, I boot-up with Disk1 and keep tapping Ctrl. However, I get error mesage across screen saying that driver for power mac 4.5 not installed. Therefore, I cannot install the OS. Any help would sure be appreciated, as I'm trying to do this for a friend of a friend. While I can handle myself around PC's, am at a loss with a Mac. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.0 GHz, Core Duo, 2 GB Ram
Sounds like you are trying to use a powermac disc for the iMac. Different builds for different hardware.

also, I think to choose a disc to boot from you need to hold command(apple)+D, or something like it...just goold OS X boot from CD

Brian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
What type of iMac? Old or new?

OP
T
Reaction score
iMac

The machine is about 4 years old, and is the one shaped like 1/2 basketball, with the LCD screen on a stalk coming out of it. Here are the specs:
Mac Os X,10.2.8
Processor 800MHz Power PC G4
Memory: 768 MB
Machine Model: PowerMac4.5 (version=2.1)

I doubt if it has has 30 hours of use. Appreciate any help. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Sounds like you are trying to use the install discs that came with a relatively new PowerMac. First, you are violating the EULA by installing it on more than one machine. Second, the discs are system specific and it will not allow you to install it on a different type of machine

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.