Opening PDF with Flash Player

Reaction score
I can't figure out how to open a PDF file that needs an electronic signature using Flash Player? When I search for Flash Player, doesn't even come up as a program, other than uninstalling it? So that means it's installed . . . .

I uninstalled it, & am about to reinstall it.

Before I uninstalled it, when I downloaded the PDF to my computer, no option on what program to open the PDF came up. Just auto opened, but not in flash. Not even sure what program was used?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
??? Flash player is not going to open a pdf.

Electronically signing pdf document can be done from within Preview, already installed on your Mac - the same app that showed you the pdf when you opened it. Here is how.

Also, to know what app you are in, look at the left side of the Menu bar - the same place you see Safari while browsing the web, whatever app you are using will appear there with all of it's various menus.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.