OpenGL issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Ok guys, I feel retarded. Is OpenGL hardware or software? Regarless, I will put it here, and hop a mod will move it if I am wrong to assume it has something to do with hardware.

My question is this I have a error message about OpenGl (attached) spcifying, that it can not be instalized and asks me to check "Video Desktop" I do not know what this is, or how to fix it? any ideas?

Picture 1.png

OP
PowerBookG4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
ok so right after I wrote that post I decided to have an ingenious idea for anybody who may have this problem in the future, (this problem is related to apple's new color application) this is the solution:

I have a Black Magic DeckLink HD Extreme Capture Card. (wow what a mouthful) the problem was in the settings, when the card was not being used actively in final cut pro, or another application which uses it as an external video source, then it was being used as a third display. This is the default for the card when you first install it. Just enter the preferences pane for the card, and uncheck the box that says something like use external video as aditional monitor. and color will open.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.