OnyX question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP OS X 10.9.1, 2.3 Ghz
When I bought this Mac Pro retina a year ago I soon installed and used OnyX But when I upgraded to the new apple Os. It will not SMART verify the hard disk because it is not supported. Anybody have this issue too?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
I have had it too. I figured it was normal on my MB AIr with it's SSD. But I have a regular 1TB hard drive on my MB Pro and it does the same thing to it. Under Mavericks it worked fine so I am not sure why it does not work under Yosemite - and I have the correct version for Yosemite.

I have been wondering about it but haven't really researched it yet.

Lisa

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
When I bought this Mac Pro retina a year ago I soon installed and used OnyX But when I upgraded to the new apple Os. It will not SMART verify the hard disk because it is not supported. Anybody have this issue too?

When you upgraded to the "new Apple OS" (which I'm assuming you mean Yosemite..10.10)...did you download & install the Onyx version for Yosemite? Or are you still using the Onyx version for Mavericks (OS 10.9)...like your Mac-Forums profile lists.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The Mavericks version won't run on Yosemite. I had to uninstall it and then download the Yosemite version. I am more annoyed by it than worried. The rest of the app works great.

Lisa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Mike!

Good to know. As I said wasn't really worried just curious. And you answered the OP's question!

Lisa

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP OS X 10.9.1, 2.3 Ghz
Thank you!

Thanx to the 3 of you! This made my day.:Blushing:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.