• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Only 58% of Netbook buyers "very satisfied"...

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
While I agree to a great extent with most of what you said, I think you might be putting too much faith in people's abilities to determine what meets their needs when they may know little about technology. They may know the difference between a great machine and a netbook (the differences are pretty obvious even for a non-techie) but they may think that the netbook is more powerful than they were led to believe. This again goes back to my point that people are driven by price and discernible differences (such as screen size). Once they realize all the "under-the-hood" differences that constitute the divide between a netbook and a normal notebook is when dissatisfaction sets in.

I also don't agree with the assertion that no one wants a netbook. There are some people who don't need a fancy machine as not all people want, as you say, a "suped up beast for a computer". Just because you can afford the best doesn't mean you get the best as it might be overkill.

Reaction score
I have a Lenovo s10 netbook and I would say I'm satisfied with it. I love my Macbook but because I love it so much, I'm reluctant to tote it with me to work . (our lockers get broken into at the hospital occasionally)

It's fine..I use it for email, internet and some things for work. I also lend it out to family..trying to teach my parents some basic stuff about computers and when my sister's laptop(freakin' Vista!) was acting up, I lent her the netbook.

I don't play many games on the computer(I do go on Pogo) so I don't care about the limitations. I have had friends ask to see the netbook, believe it or not. But, I'm honest about what it can handle and what it can't.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.