• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Online Resume creation app?

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I suppose I'll start the post by saying thanks to everyone at Mac-Forums.... it has been a great help to me for work & play. Thanks alot guys and keep up the good work!

My question:

Well I want to create an impressive online resume that I can link to in an email.
Yes, of course I have considered doing it myself manually.

But I am interested in finding out if there are any web based solutions out there that simplify the process. I assume there is something out there that can be just as effective.

Can anyone recommend one?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
http://www.pongoresume.com/aboutus.cfm

http://www.pongoresume.com/index.cfm

If you change your mind and decide to do it yourself, here are some examples of how to word:
http://www.vault.com/nr/ht_list.jsp?ht_type=8&utm_source=Yahoo!&utm_medium=CPC

I strongly recommend adding a short "personal" to the end of your resume. It truly represents you as a person outside of your profession. I would not say whether you are married or not for eg., but any interests you may have or any organization you may belong to which may help you over all as an employee.

OP
I
Reaction score
by any chance would you have a link to a resume created with that site? If you dont mind showing it to me it would be a great help. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have never used them.
I would guess that they may be similar to the third link I posted earlier.
What is your profession?

OP
I
Reaction score
I have never used them.
I would guess that they may be similar to the third link I posted earlier.
What is your profession?

Im an IT consultant for a content management company.

I just completed a few things in Filenet admin and Oracle so I want to get something going.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just to make it clear, are you planning to pay someone online to do it for you or you would like to learn how to do it?
Since you are in engineering you don't need any flashy design involved.

OP
I
Reaction score
No, I know how to do it. But Id like some simple web based solution. free if possible,

Reaction score
For layout sakes, I suggest you take a look at LaTeX. Any document prepared with LaTeX just looks so much more professional, and because it's more readable and aesthetically pleasing, it will have a subconscious positive effect on the reader :).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
For layout sakes, I suggest you take a look at LaTeX. Any document prepared with LaTeX just looks so much more professional, and because it's more readable and aesthetically pleasing, it will have a subconscious positive effect on the reader :).

Is it free?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.