ok im getting bored with firefox and i had a few questions

Reaction score
on my mac whaats the best firefox, safari, or opera?!!!?1?1?
plzz giv me any suggestions and tell me the best pick i dont mind staying with firefox whats best for the mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, 2.4ghz, 4Gb Ram, 250gb hdd
All personal preference, i use firefox sometimes and safari sometimes, just depends what im in the modd to use.
I dont like opera though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4GHz w/ WD My Book 500GB HDD. MacBook Pro 2.4GHz. iPhone 5, white, 16 Gigs.
Safari is pretty fast and pre coded to operate efficiently within OS X, (it is an Apple application after all). But there are some issues with Safari from a security standpoint that eliminates it as an option for any online transaction where security or monetary protection is a concern. And though it has a lot of nice features, it lags behind other browsers in that respect.

Firefox is also fast, but not as pre coded as Safari is for Mac OS X use. It is full of features, (plug ins and themes), and very secured. The last update of Firefox 3, (3.0.1), however has been a little buggy on my Mac. Mozilla is presently working on version 3.1, (in alpha and soon to be released to beta for testing), that promises several levels of performance and enhancements.

I use both, but use Firefox the most.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G
Spend some money, buy Omniweb, take it on a test run

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Firefox is way better than Safari IMHO. You can customize it a lot more and it takes up a lot less memory. I can have 16+ tabs open along with the 3 or 4 Adobe Creative 3 Suite open with no lag.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro w/ Snow Leopard, iPhone 3GS
I use Safari and it works quick and great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Do you have any specific issues with Firefox, or just fancy a change of scenery?

Opera probably gives you the biggest change. Safari is fast, but for me still lacks a bit of polish, and Camino is nice (think of it as having the Firefox engine, but the Safari coat of paint).

I think Firefox is still the best overall browser, but am looking forward to seeing Safari 4 in action later this year.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
i used firefox way back on pc, switched too safari when i got a mac, and back to firefox when v3 came out. i tried opera, but could never figure out how to import my ff bookmarks, so gave up on it, but my friend loves it.
they are all free.
download them all and see which works best for you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.