Official Mouse Thread!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac, 1GHZ, 1GB Memory, OS X 10.5
I use a Logitech TrackMan Wheel with my eMac with no apparent problems.

James

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz 2GB Ram 200GB Hard drive, Mac Mini 1.5 Intel Core Solo 512Mb Ram
I use a logitech trackball mouse with my mac mini and it works like a charm

OP
M

mactechy

5 button mouse

Hello members
At the moment I'm using a five button Intellimouse explorer3 mouse. The reason being that I work(with CAD) in Fusion XP guest.
I wonder if any of you are into that sort of work and what mouse you are using?
Thanks
MT

nZa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP
I previously had
mxrevolution_5jpg.jpg

but it was getting less than 8 hours battery life. I'm kinda disappointed, because it's a $99 mouse new, I've had it less than a year, and the battery's irreplaceable. I'm currently using
Microsoft-Compact-Optical-Mouse-Bla.jpg

but it's only temporary until I get
MicrosoftLaserMouse8000jpg.jpg

which I have already ordered, and should be arriving sometime this week.

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I'm a bit confused about the Logitech battery - isn't it rechargeable - that's what the description says anyway - if it's the MX. Is the bottom one the MS 8000? Let us know how you like it.

I love the idea of the tiny USB receiver that Logitech uses in the Nano. Does anyone know if that receiver (which can be bought separately) works with the VX Revolution?

nZa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP
Yes, it's rechargeable, but that's the problem. I'm on my computer 8-12 hours a day, and when it dies at 7-8 hours into the day, I have to power it down and put it on the charger, then find another mouse to continue whatever I was doing.

As far as I know, the receivers that come with Logitech products are set up to ONLY work with the EXACT product that they shipped with.

Edit: and yes, it's the MS 8000 - I'm looking forward to it, I'm hoping the metal finish matches the MacPadd I just got :D

Reaction score
Aha, that makes perfect sense! That must have been beyond frustrating, no doubt. I've never heard of the MacPadd - I'll have to search for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I previously had
mxrevolution_5jpg.jpg

but it was getting less than 8 hours battery life. I'm kinda disappointed, because it's a $99 mouse new, I've had it less than a year, and the battery's irreplaceable. I'm currently using
Microsoft-Compact-Optical-Mouse-Bla.jpg

but it's only temporary until I get
MicrosoftLaserMouse8000jpg.jpg

which I have already ordered, and should be arriving sometime this week.
The only issue I had with the MS mouse was the scroll wheel. There's no "ratchet", so I was forever accidently scrolling with it when using it as a middle button.

I now have the MX revolution, which doesn't have much of a ratchet either, but it's workable.

nZa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP
man i loooooved the mx revo's scroll wheel.. : (

Reaction score
My wired MM that came with my imac 24 won't scroll at all anymore. Surprised that it's such a cheap pos considering the quality of the imac.
I plugged in a Belkin that I had on a PC. The only function I miss is the squeeze function that shows all the open windows.
Are there any Mac compatible scroll wheel mouses/mice that retain the squeeze function? From what I've read in this thread I want to stay with a wired mouse.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
I really prefer a trackball, but when my wireless Logitec Trackman died I wanted something wireless without using a usb receiver. I picked up a kensington slimblade which is a bluetooth. It also allows you to use the tiny scroll ball on top as a trackball if you are short on space. It isn't as good as a full sized trackball but it works in a pinch. Overall I love the mouse. You have to keep it away from other wireless devices. I have a PC desktop as well as a MBP. The PC has a wireless logitec mouse that interferes with the slimblade.

Reaction score
Is there any of the above mice that are bluetooth? I really want something wireless without any lagging. My current bluetooth logitech v470 is lagging when I try very precise movements. Just can't compare to a wired one.

Any suggestions?

nZa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP
I've tried 3 bluetooth mice and all have odd, unexplainable lagging/connection issues. I'm back to USB receivers for now, specifically my dying Logitech MX.

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time deciding whether or not to pick up the VX Nano instead of a BT mouse (probably a V470) for my MBP. I love all the features and I don't mind the size. My only problem is the receiver. It's small, but not small enough. I put my MBP in a form-fitting sleeve so I worry that leaving the receiver on could damage the USB port.

My concern about the v470 is all these reports that it's a bit laggy and jumpy. I do design work and some gaming so I need precision.

nZa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP
after the handful of bluetooth mice i have used, you'll probably want to deal with the receiver. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Ah! thak you, for some reason USB overdrive would not recognize my mouse, but I ended up finding SteerMouse which works great. (thanks to MacHeadCase in another thread :))

thanks A LOT for the steermouse link:D So much better now....

Reaction score
1 iMac with Razer DeathAdder which is shared between the mac and pc via usb switch. This is the one mouse to rule them all. I've spent hundreds of euros on mice and keyboards. This is what feels best in my hand and works like a mouse should.
Another iMac with Razer pro|click. This one isn't better than the DeathAdder, but it isn't much worse. It beats the looks of the mighty mouse next to a white iMac.
With the MacBook Pro I use some logitech V320 Cordless Optical Mouse which is nothing special but very portable and looks like it's designed to be partnered with the MBP.

All four mighty mice I had went to the trash can. I will never buy a keyboard or mouse from apple again. I don't want to know what kind of users they had in mind when they designed that garbage.

Besides the problems already mentioned the mighty mouse feels like it's bad for your health to use unless you are a little girl with the dexterity of an orangutan.

Reaction score
I just purchased a 15" MacBook Pro, and I'm looking for a good wireless mouse to go with it, possibly Bluetooth so I can save a USB port. What would you folks recommend? (Also, keep in mind that I DO right click a lot.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.