office 2008 for mac question

Reaction score
I have installed office 2008 for mac and it went smoothly. but whenever i went for the update it downloaded nicely and installed during the installetion for one part it froze and i opened another window it said quit_app and i hit ok then the installtion unfroze and continued and then i ran updates again another update was avialie after sp1 the same thing happened and after quit app messege it finished sucessfully. I just want to mke sure if this is okay and that i wont encouter problems in future and its normal?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
Matt,

Not sure about that freezing and unfreezing, it seems uncharacteristic... But as long as you got a successful update, I guess it's OK.

Just be sure to check your Application folder to see if the Microsoft Office 2008 files got the latest update OK - just right click (ctl-click) on the file and select Get Info - check the top of that box under the App Title to see what the latest Modification date is...

Noel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Open Word or any of the components, go to 'About' and ensure the version reads 12.1.1 as that is the latest. If it shows 12.0 or 12.1 update again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.