Office 2004

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Ehheeemmm...so I have MS Office 04 on Macky now. Don't ask me how I have it. ;) Anywho, I have a bunch of documents saved as .odt that I made on Neo Office. I changed them to .doc but when I try to open them in word I get nothing but mumbo jumbo symbols and stuff. Is there something I am doing wrong? I already trashed Neo Office...I was thinking of re downloading it and resaving the files as .doc through neooffice but I rather not go through all that hassle.

Thanks! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Unfortunately, you're gonna have to re-download NeoOffice. You can't just change a file extension and expect it to work. If that was the case, then every program could open every file format.

Now that I think about it, that would be awesome!! :black:

OP
Netty4mac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Oh I see. I had a feeling I was going to have to re-download. Oh well, it's better than having to re-type all my documents, :). Thanks Kash!

Edit: Time Machine would have came in handy right about now. Since I already trashed Neo Office maybe I could have got it back.

RTP

Reaction score
What a pain - NeoOffice is quite a big download!

Do you have a Gmail account? If so you could upload the files into Google Documents and then re-save them as Word files.

Otherwise maybe you could try another opensource program that has a smaller download (I'm not sure if Abiword supports odt?)

OP
Netty4mac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What a pain - NeoOffice is quite a big download!

Do you have a Gmail account? If so you could upload the files into Google Documents and then re-save them as Word files.

Otherwise maybe you could try another opensource program that has a smaller download (I'm not sure if Abiword supports odt?)

I do have a gmail account! :) I think I'll try that route.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.