• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

O2 Offering Pre-Order on iPhone 3G in UK

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
Do you remember what time you ordered your iphone on monday? I ordered mine near 9am and mines still as 'In Progress' =(.

I know mine (the attempt that got through) was in the afternoon, I would say around 1ish.

My order is reading complete now and says its gone to DHL for delivery.

DHL's website is not recognizing the consignment number though so either its not updated on the system yet or they simply haven't put it on there possibly due to so many to process or something?

We will see tomorrow anyway, its either gonna arrive or not! lol

Good luck to everyone that managed to get one ordered! Let's hope DHL are more efficient at delivering than O2 were at taking the orders,

P.S. Did anyone else have a read of the apology from O2 regarding the difficulties people experienced when trying to order an iPhone 3G? If so what did you think to it?

Reaction score
Lol, just phoned O2 to see if they any advanced tracking info on their side, the person there just said "I have no details, but there's a postcode checker in the iphone section on the site to see estimation of delivery".

I don't think there is such a thing to put your own postcode in for estimations? I'm guessing she meant; http://track.dhl.co.uk/tracking/

I chose 'By consignment' and put my order no in Consignment Number and just get an error.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" intel iMac, 15" MBP, 3 X 13.3" MB (family etc), G4 tower, 12" G4 PowerBook, iBook G4, 20" iMacG5
I've been tipped off by a warehouse worker that all DHL deliveries are 24 hour services - so any picked up today will be here tomorrow.

In theory.

OP
skaheadpunk
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
I tracked mine by 'Ident Code' and it worked.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
I tracked mine by 'Ident Code' and it worked.

Mine did to, looks like another misleading bit of information seming as the number on O2's website in under 'Consignment number'

Looks like my iPhone is somewhere in Goole at the moment lol

go fourth and check your Ident Codes people!

Chris ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" intel iMac, 15" MBP, 3 X 13.3" MB (family etc), G4 tower, 12" G4 PowerBook, iBook G4, 20" iMacG5
Arrived at the High Wycombe depot at 05:00AM this morning - so will likely be on a van shortly and with us today!

:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2008 2.4GHz Core2Duo MacBook Pro, 4GB RAM
Mine has been updated as out for delivery - joy :)

OP
skaheadpunk
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
sxeyj8.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lucky guy.

DHL still haven't bothered to show up with mine :(

Reaction score
Apparently O2 keep calling my landline and saying it won't be despatched till next friday!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
Mine came this morning,

I have spent the afternoon playing with it, I must say, pretty swish! Super Monkey Ball is cool too!

I'm just setting up the free MobileMe trial now :)

Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
DHL still teasing but not delivering . . . . .

OP
skaheadpunk
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I can't activate mine -

2j4sn08.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
me niether but i get a -4 error

Just spoken to O2. They're advising people to wait 24hrs before activating! They don't expect to catchup with the activation backlog for at least 3 days!

** hum... click retry.....wait...click retry :|

Update: activated finally! Very pleased. Sync went fine. App load all good. Even got my ringtones loaded from my old phone (via GarageBand)
I'm one very pleased plow :)

OP
skaheadpunk
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I can use the phone stuff, after leaving it plugged in for a while it just started. So text, calls and stuff are working, I just can't connect to my mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
got mine - activated it - absolutely awesome phone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.