Numbers file sharing

Reaction score
For several years I have been able to click on Share, pick a format, and a Mail window opens with the file attached, waiting for an address. Since upgrading to Yosemite Numbers no longer opens Mail and I have to Export the file, then manually add it to email.

Has the Share feature been changed, or do I have a problem with my mid-2009 MBP 13"?

C

chas_m

You don't say what version of Numbers you are talking about, but I just opened up the current version of Numbers in Yosemite, opened a new document, hit Share, hit Send Copy -> Mail, specified Numbers format, and as expected Mail opened up with the document attached, ready for me to add an address.

Is it possible that you have set some other email client to be the default? That would cause the issue you are describing.

OP
M
Reaction score
Sorry, it's version 3.5 (2109). I believe I've done all the updates, but Numbers does tell me there's a new version, but when I go to update the Update screen says there are no updates available. But this feature has worked fine since 2009 when I bought it. I have always used Apple Mail as my client.

When I click Share I don't see Send Copy -> Mail, but rather Send via email, and format choices, or Export and the format choices.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Sorry, it's version 3.5 (2109). I believe I've done all the updates, but Numbers does tell me there's a new version, but when I go to update the Update screen says there are no updates available.

That's because there are no updates for your version of Numbers. The newer version of Numbers (Pages and Keynote also) are available from the Mac App Store for $19 each. Buying the new version of Numbers and using it with Yosemite should restore the ability to share.

OP
M
Reaction score
That's because there are no updates for your version of Numbers. The newer version of Numbers (Pages and Keynote also) are available from the Mac App Store for $19 each. Buying the new version of Numbers and using it with Yosemite should restore the ability to share.

Okay, thanks. Appreciate the help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.