NTSC & PAL

C

code777

Hey guys, i'm trying to burn a bunch of videos I got but when i drag them to Toast it says something like, "Cannot burn both ntsc & pal" well something like that.

How do I fix this? I suppose NTSC is what I want not PAL right?

Reaction score
If you're burning a VCD it does'nt really matter which, just cant have both on the same cd. Both NTSC and PAL work fine on mine.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
You'll need to burn the NTSC video files separate from the PAL video files. So, you'll need to use two discs. I think, they'll still play fine whatever player you decide to put it in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
actually, many players sold in the us won't play the PAL correctly, it varies from player to player, Pal is a european video standard, different frame rates, bit rates, etc. you can not convert a pal video into ntsc easily, or vice versa.

OP
C

code777

yeah i tried burning in PAL and it won't play on any DVD player. only on my macs. oh well...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
well, some dvd players can play it, as mentioned above, but those that can have a
de interlace function, you should check your dvd players remote or manual for a de interlace feature. or some have a button on the remote or player that says N/P to switch between ntsc and pal, though its the same de interlace feature, simply named different.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.