Notebook protective casings/bags/sleeves thread

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Black
Belkin NewElements?

Will this fit the MacBook?

I really am not considering a sleeve if it is going to damage my computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Black
I can seem to find a Belkin bag that will fit my MacBook, if you would be so kind could you post the model number?

Thank you very much.

Nick.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
i have a nice satchel style laptop bag that i bought from pc world. it cost about £40 but its very good quality, has a special laptop slot thing that protects my laptop really nicely and does not look like a laptop bag at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Black
Thanks for all your replies.

As stated before, I would like someone with the Brenthaven Fusion MB to answer if it fits or not...

Nick.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Black
Hey Ben!

Does the Brenthaven Fusion MB bag fit the MacBook perfectly. I was going to buy one.

I just want to buy the right bag.

Also does the STM Alley, provide good protection. And room for a neopreme sleeve?

Thank you.

Reaction score
Howdy...

The Brenthaven bag does fit the MacBook very well. Not so snug that it's hard to get in, but snug-enough so it doesn't rattle around.

I also have a MacBook Pro, and it fit in the BH bag, but it's a little tight length-wise...

The Alley is available in a couple of sizes. The small one is fairly snug, and doesn't have enough room for a sleeved-laptop. If you want to use a sleeve too, I'd go with the larger Alley...

Hope that helps..

Best,

Ben
---------------------------------------------------------
neo-fight.tv - {The Weekly Technology Podcast}

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Black
Thank you, I can confidently buy that bag.

Nick.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Minis, iPhone 6/5S, iMac, Mac Book Pro
I just bought a Timbuc2 Messenger bag. It was designed for a Mac Book and the computer fits perfectly. Google the name and see what you think. You can find them on eBay and Amazon. My research found that they are "the best." A little expensive, but well worth it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
pending...
Hey Ben!

Does the Brenthaven Fusion MB bag fit the MacBook perfectly. I was going to buy one.

I just want to buy the right bag.

Also does the STM Alley, provide good protection. And room for a neopreme sleeve?

Thank you.
This is exactly my concern as well. I bought the XL Timbuk2 Commuter Bag figuring it would fit any size mbp with a sleeve, and while it fits my 15" mbp with my Isis sleeve on it very snugly, in now way, shape or form would it fit a 17" with a sleeve on it. I am looking for a bag that will fit the 17" WITH a sleeve already on it. I am ultra protective of my new baby. Any suggestions, as my research is almost exhausted at this point?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.16/2.5GB, in a coma
Has anyone gone through heavy usage with the Techshell? I'm thinking of buying one. I was wondering if it scratches like people have reported with the Speck. And this might be overkill, but I need to know how much thicker it gets to see if I can stick the Macbook + case in an iSkin Soho.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Techshell Case for Macbook

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has used the Techshell case for the Macbook extensively. Has it scratched your Macbook over time, like reports from the Speck cases? I'm pretty clumsy, so I do want a case soon, but the only ones ever sold in Apple stores are...Speck.

(I posted this on the Case thread sticky, but I guess no one really seems to read stickies, sorry)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 Ghz, 80Gb Blackbook
I've had the techshell for some time now (a few months) and my macbook is looking as beautiful as the first day I got her. If you check out my post you'll see an extensive collection of posts concerning the techshell.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, I feel a bit more confident about buying one - just need to find a Techshell - Clear that's not sold out! I'm probably gonna combine it with a sleeve for overkill protection.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 Ghz, 80Gb Blackbook
I have a techshell and I carry it around in an incase bag still.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
It's the Speck cases that had the scratching issue. My wife has a Bookshell on hers, but while it's nice I don't really recommend it because it has a kind of ugly logo right in the middle. You can pop it off, but there's still an indentation - kind of detracts from the clean lines of the Mac imo. I have a Speck case on my MacBook Pro and haven't had any issues.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Does anyone own the STM Evolution backpack?
I'm looking for some members' opinions on the bag.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 MB white, upgraded to 2gb RAM, 2 apple HD failures - now WD 250gb Scorpio Black
well i ended up getting a whte macbook and the orange speck case. the only non snug area is at the bottom of the top peace near the hinge, an the back corners are just a little off.

I got it because I will be using the MB with an Eddie Bauer backpack I got from Target.
Eddie Bauer® Backpack - RDMND up to 15" laptop, nice rear lined pocket with straps, has a pocket for cords at teh top, and has plenty of room for accessories. I will probably see about stiffening the rear of the back pack with a cardboard insert, but it is otherwise perfect for my needs.

BTW they are on sale right now for $35, $15 less than I paid 2 months ago.

413T01B2CXL._SS384_.jpg
41EZQ5JTFJL._SS384_.jpg

Messengerbags are far too small to carry 4 classes worth of books (ithin I have 2 fullsized 2 medium and 3 small books,) A ringbinder notebook, a blackberry, and a computer for long distances. I'm not as concerned with fine scratches as I am not planning on selling it sans cover, and it would get scratched anyway in daily use. (just looking at my poor blackberry after only 2-3 weeks)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro...2.4GHZ intel, 2GB Ram
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" Gloss, 2.4 GHz C2D, 4GB DDR2, 160 GB @ 7200 HDD, 256 MB 8600M GT
To protect my MacBook Pro, I have the STM Evolution M backpack.

But in addition to that, my MacBook Pro is always in it's Incase Neoprene Sleeve when not in use, including when it's in the STM backpack.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.