Not receiving emails

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, MacBook, iPad & iPhone
Both my iMac and MacBook Pro running Yosemite 10.10.2 are not receiving all the emails being sent to me although my iPad and Dell Windows 7 are receiving them. What could be the problem here?
When I open Mail it can be some hours before the emails arrive all in one slug. Every time I get the triangle with exclamation mark appearing, suggesting that I am disconnected from the internet. Also, I always get the unread emails number showing although I have read every email showing.
All this started after I received Security Update 2015-002 Version 1.0, Installed Mar. 12,2015

Any ideas on why this is happening and what is the solution?

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, MacBook, iPad & iPhone
I didn't get any responses to post above, perhaps because nobody has had this problem. I then contacted my ISP Plus Net who informed me that they had had many subscribers with the same problem and that it was down to the same Security Update 2015-002 Version 1.0, Installed Mar. 12,2015. They then talked me through the fix which went like this.

Go to mail Preferences > Advanced Tab > Check "Use only this server" > TLS Certificate "None".

Voila !! I was in business again.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Thank you Jeremy for posting the solution. I couldn't help you as I don't have Yosemite and I don't have the technical knowledge anyway!

Well done you for researching this and finding the answer. Many others may benefit.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.