no transparent menu option?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
so, after a search here, apparently everybody hates the transparent menu bar in leopard, and when the update came to be able to turn it off, it was a godsend. I personally really like the transparent menu bar, and my girlfriend agrees. I noticed that on her ibook, her menu bar was opaque, and i went to show her how to change it, and the setting wasn't there. she is updated to the latest software, but the option is just no where to be found.
any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
On some older Macs the option is not available because the graphics card doesn't support the transparency effect. As far as I know, it can't be enabled.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Hey, I"m the exception! I like the transparency ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
I like the transparency too. Funny thing is, on our Macbook Pro, (latest version of Leopard etc) my wife's profile is utilizing it, but my profile is not, and I don't see the option to enable it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I believe that this will reenable it.

sudo defaults write /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.WindowServer 'EnvironmentVariables' -dict 'CI_NO_BACKGROUND_IMAGE' 0

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.