No new software updates

Reaction score
I have an Intel iMac. I've noticed that many Apple apps (iTunes, iMovie, iPhoto, etc.) will often report that there is a new version available and ask if I want to download and install the update. On occasion, there is an update, but 90% of the time that I say yes, Software Update will open, check for updates, and report that there are "No new software updates". What is going on here? Why does an app report there is an update when Software Update says there is none? Is there any way to fix this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (early 06) 1.66GHz Core Duo, 1.25GB RAM, 250GB HD, Tiger + eMac G4 1GHz, 768MB RAM, 40GB HD
the only thing i can think of that would do something like that, would be setting software update to ingore certain applications but even then it would say it is ignoring some applications and give you the option of reseting the applications it ignores.

OP
L
Reaction score
I've never even seen an option for Software Update to ignore certain applications, so that can't be it. Any other ideas?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.