No display on Macbook pro?

Reaction score
I shutdown my macbook pro and then went to restart a few hours later. The MBP boots and chimes but I have a black display. I have talked to apple support via phone and tried an assortment of things (safe mode, r and P, and so on). Apple phone support suggested I send it in and approve a $350 new display?? I am finding this very hard to swallow from a 1.5 year old $1200 laptop.

I am connected now to an external monitor. All drives and keyboard lights work properly but no display on laptop screen. The apple on the back of the lid does not light up either. I find it hard to believe that the display light is burnt out or dead after a year and half! Please help, what are my options?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Have you tried adjusting the display brightness?

- Nick

OP
A
Reaction score
Yes, I have tried a mix of things and that was one of the first. I have also done a safe mode start up. Put the black display into sleep, then restart. the R and P restart thing... the shift, cont, alt, thing .

I want to cry....

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.