No bootable device

Reaction score
Tried to partition using Boot Camp and put in windows seven. However it didn't seem to want to make a boot disk and it wanted the partition to be made into NTSF. So I tried to reboot my computer in order to see if I could reformat the partition and my computer will not reboot. I only get the no bootable disk press any key on a black screen and cannot get any further than that. I'm really panicking and wonder if I have ruined my iMac. I do have a backup on a totally different removable disk on time machine. But if I can't even get into my mac I don't know what to do.can anyone please help thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Sounds like you have formatted the Mac OS X partition NTSF by error ~ it is not hard to do believe me as a fellow victim. Try booting and holding down the Option key after the chime. You do need to tell us what Mac you have and the operating system.

Does the Mac have an optical drive. even failed, as if so will only install from the Windows 7 CD? Once you have established a partition under BootCamp, remove the partition by going into BootCamp and the uninstall will be offered.

OP
R
Reaction score
Finally got booted into Mac. Have iMac and using Yosemite. Am using superdrive and have Windows 7 oem. I seem to have a partition with nothing in it. Not sure where to go from here

OP
R
Reaction score
Found information on line and worked it out for myself. Was surprised at how little help I got here

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Found information on line and worked it out for myself. Was surprised at how little help I got here

Good for you, and no need to complain considering how little info or feedback you actually provided here.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Good for you, and no need to complain considering how little info or feedback you actually provided here.

+1. Folks ask us to solve a problem for them but leave out the important particulars. Sorry, but we're not sitting in front of your Mac looking over your shoulder. We can only go by what you provide. Provide little, get little results.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.