• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

NFL Thread =-O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
When I say "Finally", it is relative to the 80's and 90's when I was living in Indy and watching them lose again and again.

It's just nice to have a favorite team that's actually kicking some butt. ;D ...even if I am 2,000 miles away now and can't attend any of the home games.

I hear ya. Manning might just be the best ever by the time he hangs them up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 MBP 15 Inch, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Am I the only one who thinks that Tom Brady is the best QB playing right now? lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
Am I the only one who thinks that Tom Brady is the best QB playing right now? lol

Probably...

He has not been consistent this year. He either does WONDERFUL or HORRIBLE.

50 passer rating or 150, lol!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Probably...

He has not been consistent this year. He either does WONDERFUL or HORRIBLE.

50 passer rating or 150, lol!

He's got some pretty serious ratings this year...he has a 97.4 rating and I don't think he's playing bad at all. True not as good as the "perfect" year but the team has changed and he's just coming back off an injury. He had lead his team into the playoffs AFTER a serious injury.

I wouldn't rate him as high as say manning this year or rivers...but they do have better overall team around them too I think.

Reaction score

You should be.

I always thought the debate between Manning (Peyton) and Brady was off base.

I think NFL fans who participated in this argument are finding out this year that it takes both sides of the ball to win games.

New England was very good defensively during their Super Bowl years, while Peyton never had a legit defense..

The year Peyton won the Super Bowl was the year he finally had a serviceable defense. He has a good one this year, but I'm just feeling the Chargers.

IMO, Philip Rivers may be the 2nd best QB. It's definitely a toss up between him, Brady, and Brees.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
Bradie James is gonna make Farve retire after tomorrow!!!

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Lets hope so. But then that creates a dilemma:Who do I pull for in the NFC Championship. I've been following both the Saints and Cowboys since I was a kid.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
if you are in the ARKLATEX i would go cowboys. otherwise, Saints

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Yep. We are in the ARKLATEX. When the NFC was on CBS it drove me nuts. The station northwest of us carried the Cowboys and the station northeast of us carried the Saints. I think I wore out the channel knob on a couple of sets changing between games.

Now with Fox if they are playing at the same time we get one game or the other since our cable system only carries one Fox affiliate

Reaction score
Obviously since my Browns aren't in the playoffs, I'm sticking with my Chargers pick. I picked them and the Saints at the beginning of the year, so I'm hoping for that match up... Would be a GREAT game.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Well, INDY is one game closer to the Super Bowl. There were a couple of scary moments with those 2 interceptions, but they got the ball back right away. A solid game and I actually started to feel bad for Baltimore by the end. Nothing went their way. Oh well...
Poor Cardinals got stomped, though. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Quad Core i7 2.8 ghz 1TB HDD
I think the colts are going all the way. The chargers also look really good so have a chance too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
so my nfl season is over. i would like to see the colts go all the way. i think the saints will win next week, but the vikings are a solid team too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook /intel core 2 duo/ 2GB RAM/250GB HD/Snow Leopard...iPhone 4 (:
Jets!!!!!!!!! Ny stand upppppp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Jets!!!!!!!!! Ny stand upppppp

Well I don't care for S.D. at all so I was glad to see Jets win. The officiating was pretty biased, but it wasn't enough for a Chargers victory!

GO COLTS!! ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
so my nfl season is over. i would like to see the colts go all the way. i think the saints will win next week, but the vikings are a solid team too.

I hear ya! :(

My darn Cowboys need to step it up next year and actually PLAY when visiting in the playoff's....

Go Colts! Gotta love manning and Wayne!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Colts and Saints!!
I almost wanted to see Manning go against Favre. But it's gonna be a heck of a Super Bowl this way too! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
time to jump on the Colts bandwagon!

OP
DarkestRitual
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Colts were always my #2.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.