• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Next MacBook Pro update rumored to include multi-touch

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro | 2.8Ghz C2D | 4 Gigs Ram | 512 Meg 9600 GT | 320 Gig Hdd
Does anyone know of a Review that talks about the new 1920 x 1200 LED Back lit screens? I am curious is the Glossy one is as nice as the 1680 x 1050 glossy CCFL backlit screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, 3.4Ghz Core i7, 256GB ssd + 1TB hdd, 16GB memory, Radeon 6970m w/2GB
i just got my second 15" MBP two days ago. It is the 2.5 GHz, 250GB 5400rpm HD, 512MB video model. I have 4 gb of memory on it's way from NewEgg.com :) The led backlit 1440x900 screen looks amazing. This is the best screen that I have seen yet and I have used Dell XPS 1330s & 1530s among other higher end pc notebooks. No light leakage at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro | 2.8Ghz C2D | 4 Gigs Ram | 512 Meg 9600 GT | 320 Gig Hdd
Well I am certainly looking forward to seeing mine. It says at the Apple Store that it will ship BY the 20th. Oh how I wish it would ship tomorrow. I know the 1680x1050 CCFL screen I have now is the most amazing LCD I have ever seen. Even better than the 1920x1200 LCD on my Dell 9400

Reaction score
At the end, is there any kind of rumors of an actualization in June of the processor? To a Montevina chipset? I’m close to change my MacBook Pro, but I don’t want to buy one now and then find out in June that they made the change!! That would be just unfair? Anyone?

Reaction score
At the end, is there any kind of rumors of an actualization in June of the processor? To a Montevina chipset? I’m close to change my MacBook Pro, but I don’t want to buy one now and then find out in June that they made the change!! That would be just unfair? Anyone?

Yes there are lots of speculation that the MBP will go to the Montevina chipset. I would agree. I think in updates Mac ppl will need to change their view more in line with PC users regarding updates. What I mean is since Mac is now Intel they quickly discontinue older product lines and move to new ones so apple will have no choice but to update the machines every 6 months or so, at least chipset. This also means that waiting is a bit futile because every 6 months something new thats faster, smaller, quieter, etc will be released. Since we didn't see any redesign in this update my guess is we will see it in June. They will update the MBP's looks, its just a matter of time and the Montevina could be what they are waiting for since it would give them the flexibility to do a major redesign aka smaller.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube

Exactly what do you want? A possibly prettier laptop?

No matter what, the next upgrade of a series is ALWAYS incremental. It's only going to be 5% faster than the MBP that was just released. You'll spend 6 months waiting for something that's hardly better. If you want or need a laptop and can put it to good use, then get this one! Even if there is a design and platform upgrade, it's going to turn into a first-gen machine again and you'll have to deal with revision 1 bugs. I bought the first 13" MacBook that came out and BOY did it have problems - everything in the book from random restarts to yellowing palmrests.

Just keep that in mind. The Mac community is plagued by this eternal upgrade-itis...don't get suckered into it!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.