Newbie Question - Applescripts icon

N

NMRJock

Alright, I'm new to the Macintosh world but am settling into my 12" Powerbook quite nicely. In fiddling around I played a bit with Applescripts. Since I did that there is an icon in the bar at the top to the right (by the time, battery life, volume, AirPort, and BT icons). My problem is that my little experiment with scripts is over and I can't figure out how to get rid of that icon. I can't find a preference for it anywhere. I'm running OS X 10.3.2.

Paul

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
I believe that Script Menu.menu is the file that puts it in the menu. You may be able to just trash it…then again maybe not:)

OP
N

NMRJock

immdb said:
I believe that Script Menu.menu is the file that puts it in the menu. You may be able to just trash it…then again maybe not:)

Doesn't look like that's going to work. A couple of searches reveals no such file. Anybody else?

OP
N

NMRJock

NMRJock said:
Alright, I'm new to the Macintosh world but am settling into my 12" Powerbook quite nicely. In fiddling around I played a bit with Applescripts. Since I did that there is an icon in the bar at the top to the right (by the time, battery life, volume, AirPort, and BT icons). My problem is that my little experiment with scripts is over and I can't figure out how to get rid of that icon. I can't find a preference for it anywhere. I'm running OS X 10.3.2.

Paul

Since nobody answered I'll put the solution here in case someone with the same problem searches. In the AppleScripts application folder there is an application called: "Remove Script Menu." Why it takes an application and isn't just in the preferences I don't know...

~Paul

OP
L

laseca

NMRJock said:

Paul

I came acroos this thread with the same problem. In my Applescript folder, I only have the Script Editor, a folder with Sample scripts and the Script menu.menu plugin. That's it. I don't see the Uninstall script. I performed a search and found a PDF file with the details. All you have to do is Command drag from the menu to the desktop and it goes POOF! It's gone. Just like removing an icon from the Dock.

Here's an excerpt from the file:
"To activate Script Menu, drag the Script Menu.menu icon, located in the AppleScript folder in the Applications folder, to the menu bar at the top right of your screen and let go. To remove Script Menu, hold down the Command key and drag the Script menu icon off the menu bar."

Paul (not the Paul posting the original message) :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.