Newbie needs helps

Reaction score
Hi

I just acquired a Mac Pro and I'm having trouble resizing the DVD Player window. I am trying to watch a tutorial DVD for a Kontakt sampler in a small window so that I can run the Kontakt application at the same time as I watch the tutorial. However, when I run the DVD it automatically goes to full screen, and none of the commands seem to be able to resize it. I also cannot get the DVD player controls to appear.

The DVD may be the problem, or it may be that I am using the wrong commands (I use Alt-Option-C for the controller, but it wont work; and I used Option 1 to resize the DVD player window, but again it doesn't work)

I apologize that this is such a newbie question, but I am going crazy trying to figure out what is wrong. Thanks - Marc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
hmm, to jump to a regular window, I usually hit apple+0 (zero). I think the controller is viewed and hidden through apple+option+c. Option+c probably doesn't do anything.

I think maybe you're misreading the keyboard shortcuts, and replacing apple (command) with option (alt). Almost all keyboard shortcuts on OS X make use of the apple key, much like windows would use the control key.

Hope you get this sorted.
Also, this should probably go in the software forum, not the graphics/design/photography, as it's none of those.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM, 160GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm, SuperDrive 6x
If you hold the mouse over the top area, the bar should appear and then you can click the green circle.

Thats how I did it when I watched a movie.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.