New to Mac

Reaction score
I just ordered an iMac (21.5"). I have never used a Mac before. I am also a photographer with plans of making photography my main source of income in about 5 years. Basically being new to Mac, are there any must have software out there? What software is popular among Mac user? Keep in mind I am a photographer. I have Lightroom 2 and never used Aperture. I think I might end up sticking with Lightroom. Any other software offered for Mac? Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 10.6
Besides Lightroom for Mac you might consider S/W offered - Spyder or Huey - to color sync / correct your monitor and Printer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
The 21.5" iMac is awesome I like it a lot, so much thatg I got my work to buy one for video and photo editing in my office. Mac OSX is very easy to learn, less then 5 hrs you'll be comfortable with it. Welcome to the apple world.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 3GS 32gb,
If your main income is going to be photography you almost want to know more about marketing yourself as a photographer rather then actual photography. It is a tough niche market out there.

Anyone mac is the #1 choice for photographers. If you want good editing software save up for the Adobe Lightroom II and Adobe Photoshop.

Other software non related to photography:

AppCleaner
Quiksilver
Onyx

All three of these are free and deliver a big punch.

These are just a few of my favorite helpful mac tools

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.