• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

New to Mac-Forums? Introduce yourself!

Reaction score
New Mac user...

New Mac user here and just joined the forum. I'm a lifelong Windows PC user that just bought my first MacBook Air, although I'm not new to Apple having owned iPhones and a few iPads.

My main use will be for both personal and business. I wanted something small and lightweight but still powerful enough for everyday tasks and I'm just tired of windows. To handle the business tasks I am running VMWare Fusion to run my desktop and applications. So far, so good but I have a lot to learn so I'm off to read!

JP

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Welcome to Mac-Forums JP.:)

- Nick

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Welcome to the Forum. Nice to have you along. Keep tuned in. Even when you don't need help, there's lot to learn from those who do.

Ian

Reaction score
Just entering the forum...

I enjoy finding answers among the varying discussions. Occasionally, I have questions I don't see posted---which is why I'm here now. ;D Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 21.5" iMac, Late 2009 Macbook, iPad 3, 4, Air2
Been lurking for a while and figured it was about time to post and introduce myself. I have been slowly transitioning away from PC/Andriod over the last two years or so and finally have an entire Mac ecosystem. iMac, MacBook, iPads, iPhones. The whole nine yards. I'm really digging it. I started building pc's in the early 90's and have always been able to do whatever I wanted to do with them, although I often had to jump through some ridiculous hoops to do so. I love the simplicity of apple products and the way things just work! I never would have thought I would have ever said something like that because before my first iPhone, I was one of the most anti-apple fanatics in the world. Lol. But I am happy with the transition although I am still getting used to the differences. Anyway, here I am.

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Welcome, Kennen and The Nam. Good to have you with us. I hope you derive benefit from either posting questions or learning from the difficulties of others.

Ian

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Welcome. I think you'll find this an interesting place to be.

Reaction score
Thanks Ian.

By the way, I'm envious of your Scot-Brit-Welsh connections. BEAUTIFUL countries! Have enjoyed traveling through each of them ...and have had longtime friends in England and Wales.

Reaction score
Introduction

Take a second and say hi so we can welcome you to the Mac-Forums community!

My name is Larry. I joined after reading Mac Forums for the first time--although I've used Macs since 1985.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My name is Larry. I joined after reading Mac Forums for the first time--although I've used Macs since 1985.

Welcome to Mac-Forums Larry!:) Better late than never (used Mac's since 1985)!;)

- Nick

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ditto welcome. And do join us frequently because even if you don't have a problem, it's amazing what you learn from those who do.

Ian

Reaction score
Hi

Hi everyone. My name is Mike Díaz and I'm from Puerto Rico. Although I'm a Windows fan, I'm trying to find answers about some Mac issues. I do hope I'll find the answers here. If not, then I'm doomed....:Oops:

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Welcome Mike. Good to have you with us. We're here to help, but you can also gain a lot by following the solutions to other peoples' difficulties.

Ian

Reaction score
Hi from Belfast, N Ireland.

Hi guys,

I jumped ship from Windows in 2011 and haven't looked back. This is a great resource to look for answers.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi everyone. My name is Mike Díaz and I'm from Puerto Rico. Although I'm a Windows fan, I'm trying to find answers about some Mac issues. I do hope I'll find the answers here. If not, then I'm doomed....:Oops:

Welcome Mike. If you have questions & have not found answers via forum searches. Please post a thread with the question(s)…and I'm sure someone will reply with answers/suggestions.:)

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I jumped ship from Windows in 2011 and haven't looked back. This is a great resource to look for answers.

Welcome Almark! Great to have another UK member!:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Hi, I am Matt. I am from USA, currently live and work in China. I just bought a new 15" Macbook Pro Retna and I love it. These forums are great.

Reaction score
New

Take a second and say hi so we can welcome you to the Mac-Forums community!

Hi, my name is Richard I'm 72 and have just got my first Apple Mac after using Windows for a long time. I am trying hard but its very different. Will get there in the end. Cheersk

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.