• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

New to Mac-Forums? Introduce yourself!

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
A very warm welcome to our forums, Lucy. Please do visit us often.

Ian

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Reaction score
Newbie to the forums here - finally got myself a new iMac (27" 3.8GHz Core i7 1TB SSD) which replaced my ageing 2012 15" MacBook Pro (non retina).

Plans for the new machine are movie editing in iMovie (LEGO build videos for YouTube) and I also want to learn to program again with a view to developing iPhone/iPad/Mac apps if I can ever get my head around it.

I've worked in IT for almost 30 years now and been mucking about with computers ever since I first saw one at a family friends in the Christmas of 1980

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to our forums.

Always glad to have folks from New Zealand join our forums. :)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hello NZ_MacGeek. Thanks for joining up. How come you switched from a portable MacBook Pro to an iMac (gave up the portability)?

I bet you're loving that 27" iMac display...a very nice upgrade overall from a 2012 MacBook Pro!:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Hello NZ_MacGeek. Thanks for joining up. How come you switched from a portable MacBook Pro to an iMac (gave up the portability)?

I bet you're loving that 27" iMac display...a very nice upgrade overall from a 2012 MacBook Pro!:)

- Nick
Cheers, certainly loving the machine. The MacBook stayed on my desk the vast majority of the time and it was only very rarely used away from it plus I wanted the larger screen and the ability to upgrade memory myself. Now I just have to keep the promise I made to myself and make good use of the machine and learn to code - just need to find the right resources for that now but there is some ver good material online.

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm new to the Mac Forum.

Looking to learn some cool new things about Apple products!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Cheers, certainly loving the machine. The MacBook stayed on my desk the vast majority of the time and it was only very rarely used away from it plus I wanted the larger screen and the ability to upgrade memory myself. Now I just have to keep the promise I made to myself and make good use of the machine and learn to code - just need to find the right resources for that now but there is some ver good material online.
Welcome to the forums.

Apple has a lot of books in Books. And the podcasts in Apple University also.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.3 Ghz, 4 gb RAM
I've been a member for a while, but not very active. I was checking my user profile and realized I never properly introduced myself.

I was converted to Mac way back in '92 when I married into the Apple family. I fell in love with my wife's little Mac that she bought back in the late 80's for college. I've lost track of the number of Macs that we've owned over the years. I just upgraded to a 2017 13" MacBook Pro from a Mid-2011 model because I finally ran into a few things that I needed to do for work that I needed to be able to run Windows 10 for.

I'm looking forward to learning some tips and tricks to keep things working smoothly.

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
A warm welcome to Mac-Forums, pershingd. Look forward to seeing you on a regular basis.

Ian

Reaction score
Hello everyone. New here. Recently jumped back into the world of apple due to pc laptop failure and with the nature of meetings now, I needed something so I got an iPad Pro 12.9 through AT&T. I’m not disappointed but in turn it caused my curiosity to go full bore. I decided I wanted to try a Mac. Since being a trial thing, I started looking for a used mbp. I found a mid 2012 for $250 and picked it up. Barely used by the look of it and battery reported 130 cycles. Started looking into speeding it up with an ssd and 16gb memory upgrade. She now much faster than it was. So yesterday I dove further into it and replaced the dvd drive with a 2nd ssd and then went with bootcamp and installed windows. I feel quite accomplished here and am pleased with it. I wish I tried these sooner. Would have saved me $$$ over the years with pc upgrades and such. Only hiccup I’m running into is the audio driver in windows isn’t working but hey..I wanted a Mac not a pc. I hope to find a fix browsing around here. Anyways, again hello. Lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Welcome to the forum RednekBMW! (y) Congrats on doing the upgrades to the MBPro - appears that you're already a 'hardware pro' - looking forward to seeing you posting. Dave :)

Reaction score
i am the owner of construction company also a tattoo artist.

Edit: Links removed from post & signature. Both do not comply with guidelines.

Last edited by a moderator:

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Welcome, welcome to our Forums :)

It's always nice to have new members. You might find it useful, and certainly helpful to us, if you provided details of which Apple products you have underneath your name on the left.

Ian

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MBP 13" 2020, Imac late 2017
Hallo everybody!
New here,I was actually fed up with another popular forum,not getting propper answers there,or getting them very late after things were fixed by myself.
1 issue here and very quick response,Guys! Thanks!
Looking forward to stay with You guys for a long time,and hope I could help you sometimes with things I allready came through.
Let's try to find a solution on my second issue...:)

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Welcome to the forums. Always nice to have a new face around.

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
A warm welcome to our Forums. We are here to help whenever you need it. It always helps us if, when you post a question, you give as much information as you can.

Ian

Reaction score
Hi
I have been on the forum about 3 weeks
So I will introduce myself
I am 67 retired from England this his my first Mac
I have a mid 2012 MacBook Pro running Catalina
16gb memory and 500gb ssd
Neil

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Welcome, Neil. If the transition to Mac creates any issues, let us know. A lot of us made the same change and can help.

My one best advice is to try to stop thinking in "windows" terms and learn how Apple thinks. That way you get the max out of your Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.