New ram is coming in the mail!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
- Macbook -
Good luck Netty! I'm probably going to be getting my RAM from Crucial, so even more interested in hearing your results!

Fingers crossed for you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
Congrats Netty, you geek girl you. ^_^

OP
Netty4mac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Finally did it!!

Macky is okay!! Everything went well and it's a fairly easy process. The only thing is that you have to really apply pressure to insert the new ram. I've already noticed a difference. :) Thanks for all the advice and inputs guys and gals!! :D

Reaction score
Macky is okay!! Everything went well and it's a fairly easy process. The only thing is that you have to really apply pressure to insert the new ram. I've already noticed a difference. :) Thanks for all the advice and inputs guys and gals!! :D

Good onya Netty! Macky will love you for it!:bone:

OP
Netty4mac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Reaction score
It's not so daunting a task once you've been there. My iMac C2D is even easier than my older iMac G5 in that there is now a dedicated section underneath that gives you access only to the RAM slots. So you don't need to worry about messing up other bits. It's probably the same with your Macky.

I was surprised at the smallness of the RAM.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Congrats on the install! I told you that there was nothing to worry about ;)

You're going to love Macky more than ever now!! I know that I loved the speed boost going from 1GB to 2GB, I couldn't begin to imagine how much of an improvement you must be seeing going from 512MB to 1GB. :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
Yay Netty!!!! I had no doubt you could do it well. ^_^

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2GB, Mac Pro 2.66Ghz 3GB X1900.
Cool deal, Annette. More RAM is always better. :) I added RAM to my MBP last year and it was a brreze. I think it's even a little easier on the MacBooks. :)

It's ok on the Macbook, there's some metal mesh covered foam pads on the back of the metal plate, this plate covers the memory slots. I had to gently push these pads in with a screwdriver to get the cover back on.

When I removed the old RAM is was covered in white stuff, like heat transfer paste. I cleaned it all off and installed the 2GB I bought.

The slots are quite tight, takes a bit of force to get the modules in. But ensure you have the notch in the modules in the right place.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.