New Fios TV Mobile app won't stay connected

Reaction score
I have been unsuccessful reaching Verizon. PossiblY somebody here can help.

I had the old app and never had any trouble. Verizon updated the app while I was out of town and I had to wait until my return to activate it. It seemed to be working fine. However, in the last few days it has been unable to connect to my Fios box unless I am right next to it. It appears it would stay connected as long as I did not turn the app off. However, once I turned it off it would not reconnect unless I returned to the room with the Fios box. I've tried rebooting the box and the iPhone but neither has been successful. If this is a general problem please let me know and I will wait for an upgrade. Otherwise, what the heck am I doing wrong?

OP
rbpeirce
Reaction score
I may be completely wrong but I think this problem may have cropped up after the most recent IOS update. Is that possible?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Nothing we can do about it. Report the issue on the app and ask in the Verizon forums/support areas to see if others are having issues.

OP
rbpeirce
Reaction score
Good luck with that. I can't seem to get on the forum and the three Verizon approaches all failed. Thanks to you I was able to report the problem in the app. We'll see what happens.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What are you doing with the app and FiOS box? I have FiOS and the app, but haven't bothered to do anything with it..

OP
rbpeirce
Reaction score
What are you doing with the app and FiOS box? I have FiOS and the app, but haven't bothered to do anything with it..

I use the app when I am out of town to delete shows I've watched. Sometimes I add a new show. The old app worked perfectly. The new one didn't work at all until I got home and set it up. Then it worked for about a week or two. Now it doesn't work. The more I think about it I think the recent IOS upgrade broke something.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Verizon has many apps, which specific app are you referring to?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I use the app when I am out of town to delete shows I've watched. Sometimes I add a new show. The old app worked perfectly. The new one didn't work at all until I got home and set it up. Then it worked for about a week or two. Now it doesn't work. The more I think about it I think the recent IOS upgrade broke something.
I presume you're talking about the FiOS TV app which allows you to manage your DVR, watch shows and all that? And iOS upgrade doesn't necessarily break specific areas of an app, it should break all of it.

OP
rbpeirce
Reaction score
I presume you're talking about the FiOS TV app which allows you to manage your DVR, watch shows and all that? And iOS upgrade doesn't necessarily break specific areas of an app, it should break all of it.

Yes and ok. It is just that it was working and now it isn't and the only change I can think of is the latest IOS upgrade. I don't recall when that happened but it seems like it was a week or so ago and that's why I thought it might be the culprit. I'm open to any other suggestion. I suppose Verizon may have slipped an update in without my knowing. I'd check both if I could.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The app I linked is currently at version 2.4 and hasn't been updated since October of 2022. Based on the version history, they don't seem to do a ton of updates.

I can try playing with this app later on when I have shows recorded on the DVR to see how it performs.

OP
rbpeirce
Reaction score
The app I linked is currently at version 2.4 and hasn't been updated since October of 2022. Based on the version history, they don't seem to do a ton of updates.

I can try playing with this app later on when I have shows recorded on the DVR to see how it performs.

I used Google to find how to find versions. I have version 6.0.4 of the Fios TV Mobile app. My app was automatically updated in late February or early March. I don't know exactly when. It looked like a totally new app. In fact, I was out of town and couldn't use it until I returned home on March 8. It then seemed to work initially but some time in the last few days it stopped working. Maybe it never worked right and I didn't notice. Unfortunately I know of no way to get the previous app that did work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.