Network UPS Support

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" 2.7GHz Quad Core i5; 8GB; 1TB HDD
I am looking for how to activate the client UPS capability in Yosemite. I have a Synology NAS, which now has network UPS server built into it that is monitoring the power levels of my UPS via USB.

Here's another forum discussing what I'm looking for, but as a Mac n00b, I don't know where to find it.

Cyberpower UPS OSX native software - MacRumors Forums

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Well I did not know this was available! I have learn something from you! I have cyberpower UPS's on my servers but they are Windows servers so I use the software provided by cyberpower. I have a new mac pro on a UPS. I will plug in the USB cable and see what happens tomorrow. I do know if the mac "sees" the UPS through the USB connection it will show a new tab in the energy saver section of system preferences. Beyond that I will have to explore some more.

Maybe someone else has set it up and will chime in with information. If not I will let you know what I discover.

Lisa

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have always used the native UPS support in Windows, except long time ago when I was using a serial connection to monitor the UPS. Windows will detect the UPS connected via USB and allegedly so will the Mac. In my case, I don't have the UPS connected to the Mac but would be willing to do so, if it opens that option in "Energy Saver" provided it doesn't "close" after I reconnect the UPS to my Synology NAS

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
In my case, I don't have the UPS connected to the Mac but would be willing to do so, if it opens that option in "Energy Saver" provided it doesn't "close" after I reconnect the UPS to my Synology NAS

As soon as you disconnect the UPS from the Mac and connect it to the Synology, you'll lose the Energy Saver options for the UPS. You would need two separate UPS units to maintain the Energy Saver options.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Any recommendation on 3rd party applications to handle client duties?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.