need to format and do a clean install

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been having issues with my macbook that have been discussed on a different thread. The advice has been to format the hdd and do a clean install. I've had my macbook about 12 months and this is the first time i've faced this procedure. Im hoping someone could point me in the direction of a simple easy to understand walk through on how to do this, ive read things about bootable flash drives and partions etc but it means very little too me and fills me with dread.......

thanks in advance

Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
See this Apple Support article, https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201314. It discusses the options available, which includes reinstalling the original Mac OS X version, or the current macOS version.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Don't forget to have a current working backup first if any of your user data is worth saving.

- Patrick
==========

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.