Need simple DJ program-help!

Reaction score
Hi, first post but it's such a great resource I figured I could find help here. I have a customer that is looking for a DJ software that will help him control pitch and beat on his songs. It's for a Scottish dance class!

It would be best if the program did not have a steep learning curve. Cost under $100 would be optimal. He has seen something similar on the PC but can't remember the name. Any help would greatly appreciated!

Festus!

Reaction score
That's kind of nasty requirements you got there man.

I mean, a decent DJ software would be Traktor from NI. But that costs like $199. I don't know about the learning curve, but I'm guessing CUE and all that is the same no matter what software you use, right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D, 2Ghz, 2 GB RAM, 120 GB HD, ipod nano 8GB, 500GB MyBook
Most people will tell you that Serato from Rane is the best DJ software - but that costs like $600. I would think Tracktor is probably the most affordable software while still maintaining some quality and reliability. Never heard of either of those you posted up there, but if your friend's needs are very simple, maybe they'll do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.