Need older iTunes download

Reaction score
Through complete stupidity on my part I trashed the iTunes app on my iMac (10.6.8). iTunes 12 won't run on my system, so where do I find an app I can run?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Try Old and New Software Version Downloads - OldApps.com. I note there's an iTunes 11.0.x.x there. I also operate OS 10.6.8 on my Macbook, with iTunes 9, which does everything I want it to; and iTunes 11.4 on this Mini when I'm using the OS 10.6.8 partition. Apple has ceased supporting OS Snow Leopard, but you may find an older version of iTunes available there.

OP
G
Reaction score
Thanks hughvane, I went to the OldApps site and there were only downloads for Windows versions of iTunes, none of which work for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
That's unfortunate. I did an 'iTunes Mac' search in OldApps and it was listed in search links, but nothing actual except the message that iTunes is no longer available for Mac. I checked the Apple Support site as well, where there used to be a link to older app versions, but it's no longer there, or not that I can find.

You could try itunes.soft32.com, which has iTunes-Mac; or mac.filehorse.com, which has several Mac versions. I guess I should add "at your own risk".

Last edited:

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Are you sure that the version you installed doesn't run on your system. The installers usually don't complete/run unless the hardware and OS version installed support that version of iTunes. In other words iTunes 12 doesn't get installed unless the OS and hardware are current enough to support it.

Having said that, give this page a look. Even with the right installer it can be difficult to "downgrade" iTunes. See here for instance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.